Do Berkey systems have a guarantee?
Yes, the Black Berkey purification elements have a two-year pro-rated warranty calculated in six month intervals. The guarantee is pro-rated similar to the guarantee on tire tread. In other words, if you have used the filters for six months, 75% of the guarantee still applies and so you can get a replacement set for 25% of the normal cost. The systems themselves and their components have a six-month warranty as stated below.
General Warranty Information
BerkeyWaterFiltersEurope.com (BWFE) warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months from date of purchase. Black Berkey purification elements have a two-year prorated warranty calculated in six month intervals. BWFE will replace or repair any product that it deems is not properly functioning during the stated warranty period. Relief under this warranty is limited to the replacement or repair of defective materials or workmanship only. BWFE shall not be held liable for incidental or consequential damage to personal property from, but not limited to, a defective unit, improper use, abuse, accident, or neglect, etc. No warranty will apply to units which have been used for purposes not intended, which have been altered so as, in the manufacturers judgment, to affect adversely its performance. This warranty is for the original retail purchaser only, and cannot be transferred. Repair or replacement of parts will be made upon delivery to manufacturer's plant at customer's expense. This warranty, which is given expressly in lieu of all warranties, expressed or implied, or merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, constitutes the only warranty made by BWFE.
BWFE fully warranties the Berkey line of products. You may contact BerkeyWaterFiltersEurope.com at any time to report an issue with your product. BWFE is a reliable, upstanding, and quality company that will promptly address your needs. If for any reason you need additional assistance or have questions with the process, please contact BerkeyWaterFiltersEurope.com.
- Free delivery in the EU/UK. Simply add items to your cart or click on the view cart button and you will be offered the choice of various payment options such as Paypal, credit/debit card, Bancontact, SOFORT, SEPA, Ideal, Belfius or KBC depending upon your country of residence. You can then either complete the transaction or return to BerkeyWaterFiltersEurope.com by clicking on the continue shopping button. When you have successfully completed your transaction on the secure payment site of your choice you will be brought back to the Berkey Water Filters Europe website. Your order will be shipped shortly after we receive payment from you. Upon shipment, tracking information will be forwarded to the e-mail address that you provide during checkout.
- All BerkeyWaterFiltersEurope.com orders are shipped "signature required."
- BerkeyWaterFiltersEurope.com is not responsible for any loss due to a country's customs process.
- Shipping and/or freight charges are non-refundable.
- Customer is responsible for all shipping and/or freight charges for refused shipments.
- Out of stock items will be shipped according to availability of product. Once the order is placed, the credit card is charged for the purchase and the system is reserved for that paying customer. The customer can request and receive a full and immediate refund for an out of stock pre-payment at any point in the process prior to expedition from the Berkey warehouse.
- Upon receiving your delivery, if an item is damaged or defective as a result of manufacturing, simply contact BerkeyWaterFiltersEurope.com and we will coordinate with the manufacturer to get that item replaced at no cost to you as quickly as possible. Prepaid return postage will be included with the replacement product so that you may return the damaged/defective product at no cost to you!
- Please notify BerkeyWaterFiltersEurope.com in the event of shipping damage and we will coordinate with the manufacturer to ship you replacements for the damaged items at no cost to you! No need to worry about working out the damages with the carrier as we'll have the manufacturer and the shipping carrier work this out. If you'd like to file a claim, this must be done with the delivering carrier. BerkeyWaterFiltersEurope.com are not permitted to file this for you. All claims for shortages, damages, inaccurate shipments, and inaccurate billing must be made within 15 days of receiving your order.
- Returns of Berkey products are a rare occurrence due to their high customer satisfaction rate, however if you are unsatisfied with your purchase upon receipt and you would not like a replacement, you are more than welcome to return your item(s). In the case of a return, the customer is responsible for return shipping fees and a 15% re-stocking fee of the item(s). Re-stocking fee's are imposed by the manufacturer. Filters that have already been in use are not eligible for a return or refund. Prior to a return, please contact BerkeyWaterFiltersEurope.com and we will provide instructions on how to proceed. Once there is a confirmed receipt of the item(s), BerkeyWaterFiltersEurope.com will refund 85% of your original purchase price minus any shipping charges.
- Customers refusing shipment and marking "return to sender" are responsible for a 15% re-stocking fee and a return fee imposed by the shipping company.
For any further questions regarding our Guarantees, Shipping and Returns Policy, please contact our Customer Support Team.